Proximity Fuze AR-787
for Mortar Ammunition
The AR-787 is Proximity fuze utilizing the Doppler Effect. The fuze is designated to initiate the warhead at the optimum height above the target providing the maximum effectiveness of the mortar ammunition.
The fuze completes all types with all types of HE and WP mortar bombs of calibers: 60 mm, 81 mm, 82 mm, 120 mm and 160 mm.
Interchangeable with the following fuzes: DM111A2 / A3 / A4, M525, M734, M935, V19P, SC12P & with adaptor: M567, M524, M526, etc.
The fuze is safe in storage, handling and operation and ensures the safe and reliable function of the ammunition in all weather conditions.
– Proximity (PRX): Detonates warhead at optimal height above target.
– Point Detonating (PD): Detonates warhead up-on impact with target.
– Point detonating back-up on proximity mode.
Fuze arming (when the explosive elements are in one detonating line) is enabled by two arming mechanisms:
– set back force;
– sustained air flow.
– Set-Back: Acceleration of 400 g minimum, for 1 millisecond minimum duration.
– Air speed: of 30 m/s minimum.
– Missequencing: This mechanism prevents arming of the fuze whenever arming condition of “air flow” precedes arming condition of “set back”.
– Fail safe mechanism: Self-lock system in safe position, whenever missequencing occurs, without external arming possibility.
– Arming distance: 100 m minimum from muzzle.
– Double loading: The fuze will not function in bore in a double loading event.
– Shorted detonator: The electronic detonator is shorted until arming.
– Safety pull wire: No use of safety pull wire.
HEIGHT OF BURST:
– PRX Mode:
2.5 m above target for 60/81/82 mm. (standard factory set)
4.0 m. above target for 120/160 mm.
Other heights of burst upon request.
The fuze utilizes a peak trajectory sensor to activate the proximity unit at the descending branch of trajectory – to provide over-head safety.
Air driven (turbine) alternator.
7 g of CH-6 booster pellet.
– For firing: From -40°C to 63°C
– For storage: From -40°C to 71°C.
– Overall Length: 95.5 mm.
– Cross Section Diameter: 51.1 mm
– Intrusion Depth: 27.5 mm
– Thread size: 1.5”-12UNF-1A (Standard), 2”-12UNS-1A, 35.7 mm Pas 200. (can be changed according to customer’s request)
– Weight: 0.3 kg.
MIL-STD-331B: Environmental and performance test for fuze and fuze components.
MIL-STD-333A: Fuze, projectile and accessory contours.
MIL-STD-1316D: Fuze design, safety criteria.
STANAG 4187: Fuzing system – safety design requirements.