Proximity Fuze AR-139
for Artillery Ammunition
The Proximity fuze AR-139 is a radio proximity fuze, utilizing the Doppler Effect. This electronic ignition device detonates high explosive ammunition, above the ground, thus increasing the artillery system efficiency.
The fuze completes all types of High Explosive (HE) ammunition for artillery guns and howitzers of the following caliber:
· 122 mm
· 130 mm
· 152 mm
The fuze is safe in storage, handling and operation and ensures the safe and reliable function of the ammunition in all weather conditions.
– Proximity (PRX)
– Point Detonating (PD): upon selection (optional).
– Point detonating back-up on proximity mode.
– Mechanical by two independent arming mechanisms:
(a) set-back forces.
– Electronic: Minimum of 0.6 sec. for electronic arming.
– Set-Back: Acceleration of 2,000 g min
– Spin: Spin rate of 3,500 RPM min
– Safe Separation Distance (S.S.D.): 40 m
– Min. Flight Time for Proximity Function: 2.4 sec
– No use of safety wire.
– AIR DRIVEN ALTERNATOR.
HEIGHT OF BURST (HOB)
– Nominal: 4m above target (average)
– Other HOB: Upon request.
The fuzes have immunity to typical electronic counter-measures.
Will not be activated by cloud, haze, thunder or sand storm.
– Operation: -20°C to 60°C (-40°C optional).
– Storage: -40°C to 70°C.
– Overall Length: 130.0 mm
– Cross Section Diameter: 42.6 mm
– Intrusion Depth: 46.5 mm
– MIL – STD – 331A
Environmental and performance
test for fuze and fuze components.
– MIL – STD – 1316C
Fuze design, safety criteria.